Paneer Pinwheels is an easy recipe, with a few ingredients your delicious snack is ready. To prepare it we make a stuffing with Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) and spices, roll it in a whole wheat flour sheet then air fry, deep fry or bake it.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Air Fry – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes around 14-15 pinwheels.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for brushing
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Pinwheels:
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, semolina, oil and salt. Mix well, it’ll be crumbly. Now add water in portions and knead a soft smooth dough, keep aside for 15 mins
- In another mixing bowl add crumbled paneer, green chili, coriander leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, ground pepper, chaat masala powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Now take the dough, dust it and roll into a thin rectangular sheet
- Evenly spread the stuffing and roll it into a log. Apply some water at the end and seal it. Cut it into around 3/4 inch pieces, discard the edges
- Choose from the following to cook the pinwheels, I have used the air frying method
- Air Fry– Place the pinwheels in the basket of the air fryer and brush them with some oil. Cook on 400 F for 15 mins or until golden and crisp, flip them after 10 mins
- Deep fry– Take 2 tbsp of corn flour and 4 tbsp of water in a small mixing bowl. Mix and make a nice thin slurry. Dip the pinwheels in the slurry and deep fry until golden brown
- Bake– Pre-heat the oven to 425 F or 220 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place the pinwheels on the baking tray and brush them with some oil. Bake for 20 mins or until golden-brown, flip them after 12 mins
- Your Paneer Pinwheels are ready. Serve hot with chutney.