Paneer Pinwheels is quite a new recipe for me. Recently tried this as a gravy dish at a restaurant (which I’ll be sharing next) and it was simply superb, meaning I need to prepare it too. Recipe is pretty simple, roll paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) stuffing in the whole wheat flour dough (you can also use all-purpose flour) and bake it. Paneer Pinwheels are ready. Yes I baked them, you can even deep fry them.
Below I have shared step-by-step images for your reference.
To deep fry: Take 2 tsp of all-purpose flour, a little water, salt (as per taste) and make a nice thin slurry. Dip the pinwheels and deep fry in the hot oil.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins
Servings: makes 10-12 pinwheels
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup (or 1 cup all-purpose flour)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup or as needed (crumbled)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – to knead the dough
- Salt – to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Paneer Pinwheels:
- Take wheat flour, oil and salt (as per taste) in a bowl. Add water as required and make a stiff dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add crumbled paneer, green chilli, coriander leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt (as per taste). Mix well. Keep aside the stuffing
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit or 190 degrees celsius
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Keep aside
- Now take the dough. Dust it and roll it into a thin sheet
- Spread the stuffing and start rolling it like a log. Apply some water and seal the ends. Place it on a chopping board and cut it into around 1/2-1 inch pieces
- Place the pinwheels on the baking tray. Bake until golden-brown, it takes around 18 to 20 mins. Turn them halfway through the baking time (after 9-10 mins)
- Your Paneer Pinwheels are ready. Serve hot with chutney.