Paneer Pinwheels is an easy recipe. With a few ingredients your delicious snack or appetizer will be ready. To prepare it we make a stuffing with Paneer and spices, roll it in the whole wheat flour sheet and bake it.
You can also use these to make a gravy Paneer Pinwheels Gravy, which is again absolutely yum!!!
- You can use all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour
- You can also deep fry the pinwheels. Take 2 tsp of all-purpose flour, a little water & salt, and make a nice thin slurry. Dip the pinwheels and deep fry.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Time: Preparation – 35 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: makes around 15 pinwheels.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1 cup (crumbled)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for brushing
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Pinwheels:
- Take wheat flour, semolina, 2 tbsp oil and salt in a bowl. Add water in portions to knead the dough. Make a soft smooth dough, keep aside for 20 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add crumbled paneer, green chilli, coriander leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 220 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup, keep aside
- Now take the dough, dust it and roll into a thin sheet
- Evenly spread the stuffing and roll it into a log. Apply some water at the end and seal it. Cut it into around 1/2 inch pieces, discard the edges
- Place the pinwheels on the baking tray and brush them with some oil. Bake until golden-brown, it takes around 20-22 mins. Turn them halfway through the baking time (after 10 mins)
- Your Paneer Pinwheels are ready. Serve hot with chutney.