Impress yourself and your friends with this super easy recipe, trust me when I say easy! You’ll need puff pastry sheet, potatoes and spices. Yep, that’s it. These are perfectly crisp and high on flavors.
Course: Snacks or Starters
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Refrigeration – 30 mins, Air Fry – 10 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: makes around 22-24 pinwheels.
- Puff Pastry Sheet – 1
- Boiled Potatoes – 3 large (mashed)
- Grated Ginger or Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Samosa Pinwheels:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds. Let it splutter
- Add ginger and green chili. Saute until fragrant
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Saute for a few secs
- Add boiled potatoes, salt, garam masala powder and dry mango powder. Mix well and cook for 3-4 mins. Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix well. Samosa Aloo is ready, keep aside
- Take puff pastry sheet and place it on a floured surface, flatten it a little bit using a rolling-pin
- Spread the samosa filling evenly on the sheet, roll it from the longer side and seal the end by applying some water. Roll the log with your palms a little bit then wrap it in a cling sheet and freeze for 30 mins
- After 30 mins, take the rolled log and cut it into 1/2 to 1 inch equal pieces
- Place the pieces in the basket of the air fryer and brush them with some oil. Cook on 400 F for 10 mins or until golden and crisp, flip them after 7 mins
- Your Samosa Pinwheels are ready. Enjoy with Ketchup, Green Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.
Tip: You can also bake these instead of air-frying. To bake pre-heat the oven to 425 F or 220 C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the pieces on the baking tray and brush them with some oil. Bake for 20 mins or until golden-brown, flip them after 12 mins.