Another chaap recipe for you guys! This time with pickling spices, Achaari Chaap. Stunningly flavorful and melt in mouth chaap is such a crowd pleaser and a must try recipe!
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 2 hour, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 2.5 hours.
- Soya Chaap – 500 grams
- Curd (Plain Yogurt) – 1/3 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Onion – 1 small (chopped into cubes)
- Green Chili – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 tbsp
- Cream – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Achaari Chaap:
- Heat a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, black mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds. Dry roast until fragrant, do not over do it. Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now grind to make a coarse powder, keep aside the pickle powder
- Drain and wash soya chaap as per instructions on the can. Cut chaap into 3-4 pieces diagonally
- Air fry chaap pieces on 400 F for 15 mins, or deep fry, until golden brown. Keep aside
- Take a grinding jar and add ginger, garlic & green chilies. Grind to make a fine paste
- Take a mixing bowl. Add pickle powder, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, curd, 2 tbsp cream, mustard oil, red chili powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi and salt. Mix well and prepare the marinade
- Add chaap and onions to the bowl, mix and coat well. Let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Now heat a pan and add the marinated chaap. Cook until excess moisture is absorbed
- Turn off the flame and add 1 tbsp ghee, mix well
- Take a skewer and skew the chaap pieces & onions. Cook directly over the flame to get the charred texture
- Transfer the chaap pieces and onions to a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp cream and lemon juice. Mix well and your Achaari Chaap is ready!!! Enjoy with some Green Chutney.