Another scrumptious north Indian recipe, Soya Chaap Masala. Soya Chaap is first marinated then cooked in onion-tomato based masala. Totally appetizing, goes perfectly well with Lachha Paratha, Missi Roti, Tandoori Roti or Naan.
Tip: I have used canned soya chaap in this recipe. Link to buy.
Also try: Dhaba Style Achaari Paneer, Matar Mushroom, Veg Jalfrezi or Soya Granules Sabji.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 50 mins.
- Soya Chaap – 500 grams
- Curd (Yogurt) – 3/4 cup
- Onion – 2 large (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 5 medium (coarsely puree)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Green Chili – 5-6
- Black Cardamom – 2
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon Stick – 1/2
- Black Peppercorns – 5-6
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Clove – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Water – 1.5 to 2 cups
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Soya Chaap Masala
- Drain and wash soya chaap as per instructions on the can. Cut each chaap into 3-4 pieces diagonally
- Air-fry on 400 F for 15 mins or deep fry the chaap pieces until golden brown. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add curd, 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and prepare the marinade
- Add fried chaap pieces to the bowl, coat well and let it rest
- While chaap is marinating, take a grinding jar. Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Grind to make a paste, keep aside
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan or kadai. Add black cardamon, green cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and black peppercorns. Saute until fragrant
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and saute until translucent
- Add ginger-garlic-green chili paste, saute until onions are golden brown
- Add turmeric powder, 2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix and saute for a few seconds
- Add pureed tomatoes and salt. Mix and cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add marinated chaap and cook on a medium flame for about 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add 1.5 to 2 cups of water, depends on the consistency you prefer. Mix and bring it to a boil on a high flame
- Add crushed dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder. Mix and cook on a medium for about 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Your Soya Chaap Masala is ready!!! Relish with your favorite bread.
Wow looks yummy
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 🙂
Your page is awesome. Check out my page and if you really like my page then plz follow me 😊😇
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, means a lot ♥️