A healthy and flavorful dish “Matar Mushroom”. Matar Mushroom is basically green peas and mushrooms semi gravy recipe. You’ll need green peas, mushroom, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, cashews and some spices to prepare it.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Mushroom – 7-8 (sliced)
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium-large (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 3 medium (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 6 (soaked in hot water for 15 mins)
- Green Chilli – 2-3 (finely chopped), use less or more as per taste
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (crushed)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- Take soaked cashews and drain all the water. Add it to a blending jar along with tomatoes, blend until smooth. Keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add ginger and garlic. Saute until fragrant
- Add onions and saute until golden brown
- Add tomato paste, green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and crushed kasuri methi. Mix and cook until ghee starts to separate
- Add water and bring it to a boil
- Add sliced mushrooms, green peas and salt. Mix well and cook covered on a low-medium flame until soft, about 15 mins. If you’ve excess water at this stage then cook on a high flame to burn it or if water seems less then add as needed
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix and your Matar Mushroom is ready.