Veg Jalfrezi is a flavorsome vegetables recipe. It is spicy, crunchy and healthy. To make this dish we stir fry the veggies with some spices. Relish it with your favorite bread or rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped) + 1 medium (julienned)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped) + 1 large (chopped in cubes)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (chopped in cubes)
- Green Beans – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili – 3-4 (slit)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (cut in cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Veg Jalfrezi:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add finely chopped onions, green chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Saute until onions are light golden
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook until oil starts to separate
- Add cabbage, green beans, green peas and capsicum. Mix and cover, cook for 3-4 mins or until veggies are a bit tender. Do not over cook as we need to have that crunchiness in the veggies
- Add remaining onions and tomatoes, mix and cook covered for another 2-3 mins
- Add paneer, garam masala and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Your Veg Jalfrezi is ready, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve.