Besan Toast is a healthy yet tasty twist to the popular Indian street food, Bread Pakora and these are super quick to prepare. Make a batter with gram flour and spices, dip the bread & pan fry it, and your Besan Toast is ready.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15, Total – 30 mins.
- Bread Slice – 3 to 4 (cut into halves)
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Oil for pan frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Besan Toast:
- Take a mixing bowl and add gram flour, coriander leaves, carom seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder & salt. Mix with a whisk or a spoon and add water in portions to make a medium consistency batter, let it rest for 10 mins
- Meanwhile heat a pan or a tawa, spread a few drops of oil
- Take a bread half and dip it in the batter, should be covered from all the sides. Place it on the pan and cook from both the sides until light golden
- Your Besan Toast is ready. Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or Ketchup.