An easy recipe for “melt in mouth” Eggless Brownies. These are pleasurable and delectable, enjoy as a dessert with a dollop of ice cream or as is.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 30 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: yields a 8 x 8 square pan.
- All-Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Ground Flaxseeds – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1/2 cup (melted)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar – 170 grams or 6 oz (chopped)
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (skip if you’re using salted butter)
- Water – 6 tbsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Eggless Brownies:
- In a bowl add ground flaxseeds and water. Mix and let it rest for 10 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F or 175 C. Line a 8×8 baking tray with parchment paper. Keep aside
- Melt half quantity of chopped chocolate bar, keep aside
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Whisk until smooth
- Add the flaxseeds-water mix, melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine
- Sift and add all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking powder. Switch to a big spoon and mix until no flour is visible
- Gently fold the remaining half quantity of chopped chocolate bar
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake for around 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs
- Let it cool down in the pan for at least half an hour, transfer it to a cutting board and slice it. Your Eggless Brownies are ready.