Another dessert with my favorites, Berries!!! Mix Berry Cake is simply and amazingly delish. The cake smells, looks and tastes so good. A must try recipe if you’re a fan of berries, also it’s a super easy one.
I have used frozen mix berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and blackberry) for this cake recipe. You can use the same or go for the fresh ones.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 35 mins, Total – 50 mins
Servings: yields a 8 x 8 square pan
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Fresh or Frozen Mix Berries – 1.5 cups (no need to thaw)
- Butter – 1/2 cup (softened)
- Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup + to sprinkle on top
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp (if using salted butter then skip it).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Berry Cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 175 degrees celsius. Line a 8×8 baking tray with parchment paper. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add butter and sugar. Beat them until light and smooth
- Add baking powder and salt. Mix
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until combined well. Do not over do it
- Add all-purpose flour. Switch to a big spoon and mix until no flour is visible. Batter will be sticky and thick
- Gently fold 1 cup berries. Spread the batter in the pan and top it with remaining 1/2 cup berries. Sprinkle some sugar
- Bake it for about 35 to 37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Your Berry Cake is ready. Serve warm.