December will be here soon and so will be Christmas!!! Another beautiful time of the year, sharing today brandy snaps to bring on that Christmas vibe. These chocolate dipped hazelnut brandy snaps are perfectly crunchy and yummy treat to enjoy!!!
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 5 mins, Baking – 30 mins, Total – 50 mins.
Servings: makes 16 brandy snaps.
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Light Brown Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- All-Purpose Flour – 1/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Ground Ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate Morsels as needed to dip
- Crushed Hazelnut to sprinkle.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Brandy Snaps:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside
- Take a saucepan and add sugar, maple syrup & butter. Heat it over low-medium flame until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Turn off the flame and let it cool for about 2-3 mins
- Add flour, ground ginger, lemon juice and ground cinnamon. Mix well
- Drop about a tsp of the mix onto the parchment paper in circles, 4 inches apart, 6 per baking sheet
- Bake for 10 mins, watch them because they turn dark very quickly
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 20-30 secs, or until you can handle them. Don’t wait any longer
- Work quickly, pick one and roll around the handle of a wooden spoon. Let them cool for 2-3 secs. Remove from the spoon and repeat with all of the snaps
- Similarly make rest of the snaps with the remaining batter, keep aside
- Microwave chocolate morsels uncovered for 30 secs, stir and repeat until smooth. If it’s too thick for dipping add 2-3 tbsp milk and mix well to get the smooth consistency
- Dip the snap up till quarter or halfway in melted chocolate, shake off the excess. Sprinkle it with nuts, keep it on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat for the rest
- Refrigerate for 10 mins or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Your Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Brandy Snaps are ready, enjoy!!!