These mini and fabulously delicious Baklava cups tastes like authentic Baklava yet super easy to make, and trust me when I say EASY!!! Buy these shells/cups online, get your favorite nuts and it’ll be ready in mins.
- If you do not have orange extract then add 1/2 tbsp lemon juice instead while making the syrup
- You can buy shells/cups from Amazon – click on the link
- You can also add hazelnut or pecan for your nuts mixture, adjust the ratio as per taste.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Baking – 10 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 15 cups.
- Phyllo Shells – 15
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup
- Pistachios – 1/3 cup
- Almonds – 1/3 cup
- Orange Extract – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1/8 cup
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Butter or Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1tbsp (melted)
- Water – 1/4 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Baklava Cups:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, keep aside
- Add walnuts, pistachios and almonds to a grinding jar or a food processor. Grind to make a coarse powder
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl, add cinnamon and butter/ghee. Mix until combined well
- Place phyllo shells on the baking tray and fill them with the nuts mixture, pat a little with your fingers
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden brown
- Meanwhile make the syrup. Add sugar, water and orange extract to a saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it boil for about 4-5 mins without stirring. Turn off the flame and honey, mix until dissolved. Keep aside the syrup
- Once shells/cups are out of the oven let them cool down a little. Now pour warm syrup over warm nuts, adding 1-2 tsp on each then repeat until all the syrup is used
- Let it set for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving. Your Baklava Cups are ready, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.