Such a pretty and totally appetizing recipe!!! Chaat cups are prepared using Phyllo Shells. Apart from that you’ll need plain curd, potato, onion, tomato, chutneys and some spices. It’s a prefect party pleaser and ready in mins when you got a few things ready in advance.
- Prepare chutneys, beaten curd and potato in advance to save time. You can prepare all these and refrigerate
- Prepare cups right before serving.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Phyllo Shells – 30
- Boiled Potato – 1 medium
- Plain Curd (Yogurt) – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Seeded and Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp + to sprinkle on top
- Tamarind Chutney as needed, follow recipe here or use store-bought
- Green Chutney as needed, follow recipe here or use store-bought
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves to sprinkle on top
- Pomegranate Seeds to sprinkle on top
- Sev to sprinkle on top
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Chaat Cups:
- Take a small mixing bowl. Add boiled potato and mash it nicely. Add chaat masala powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Take another small mixing bowl. Add plain curd, sugar and a pinch of salt. Beat well and keep aside
- Take phyllo cups and place them on a flat surface. Add potato mix, chopped onions and tomatoes to the cups. Top with beaten curd, tamarind chutney and green chutney. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds, chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala powder and sev
- Your Chaat Cups are ready, serve immediately.