Papdi Chaat is a popular Indian street food. To prepare it you take papdis, top it with chilled yogurt, boiled chickpeas & potatoes along with chutneys and chaat masala powder, and your tangy sweet snack is ready.
Tip: Whole Wheat Papdis are a little more crispy than the regular papdis, so dip them in the curd (yogurt) for at least 5-10 mins prior to serving.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Papdis – 15-16 (homemade or store-bought)
- Boiled Potato – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Boiled Chickpeas (Chole) – 1/2 cup (add a little salt while boiling)
- Curd (Yogurt) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chutney – as needed (recipe here)
- Tamarind Chutney – as needed (recipe here)
- Sev to sprinkle on top
- Chaat Masala Powder to sprinkle on top
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Papdi Chaat:
- Take a mixing bowl and add curd, sugar & salt. Beat it until smooth, keep aside
- Take a serving plate. Place the papdis, top it with beaten curd, potatoes & chickpeas, drizzle some green chutney & tamarind chutney, sprinkle some sev & chaat masala powder and finally garnish with some coriander leaves. Your Papdi Chaat is ready.