Papdi Chaat is from the Indian street menu. You take papdis, dip them in the chilled curd (dahi or yogurt), add some chickpeas & potatoes, top it with chutneys and chaat masala powder. And there you get a tangy sweet snack.
This recipe is a bit healthy as it is prepared with baked Whole Wheat Papdis. You can refer the recipe for it. It is a quick-fix snack when you have the papdis ready.
Tip: Whole Wheat Papdis are a little more crispy than the regular papdis, so when you prepare this recipe dip the papdis in the curd (yogurt or dahi) for at least 5-10 mins prior to serving.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Total – 15 mins.
- Papdis – 15-16 (homemade or store-bought)
- Boiled Potato – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Boiled Chickpeas (Chole) – 1/2 cup (add a little salt while boiling)
- Curd (Dahi or Yogurt) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chutney – as required (recipe here)
- Tamarind Chutney – as required (recipe here)
- Sev – to sprinkle on top
- Chaat Masala Powder – to sprinkle on top
- Coriander Leaves – to garnish.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Papdi Chaat:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add dahi, sugar and salt. Lightly beat it until smooth. Keep aside
- Take a serving plate. Place the papdis. Top it with beaten dahi, potatoes and chickpeas
- Drizzle some green chutney and tamarind chutney, sprinkle some sev and chaat masala powder and finally garnish with some coriander leaves. Your Papdi Chaat is ready.