Another famous Indian street food is Papdi Chaat. Papdis are generally made out of all-purpose flour (maida). I wanted to make it a little healthy so I used wheat flour and baked the papdis. It is not as tasty as the fried maida papdis but definitely have a good taste. Next recipe will be Papdi Chaat, stay tuned.
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 45 mins
Servings: makes around 30 papdis
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use ghee as well)
- Carrom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Water – as required to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Whole Wheat Papdi:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour, carrom seeds, oil and salt. Mix well with you fingers
- Now add water little by little and start kneading the dough
- Make a smooth and firm dough. Cover and keep aside for 20 mins
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts
- Take one portion and roll it using a rolling-pin. Do not make it too thin
- Now depending on what size papdi you want, take a lid or cookie cutter and cut out small circles
- Remove the extra rolled dough and roll it again. Repeat till dough is finished
- Prick the papdis with a fork so that they don’t puff
- Pre-heat the oven 180 degree C or 350 F. Grease the baking tray
- Place the papdis and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden. Keep checking in between
- Your Whole Wheat Papdis are ready. Store in an airtight container.