A variation to the traditional Paneer Bhurji, with the twist of spinach. Makes it even more healthier and delicious. To prepare this you’ll need paneer (Indian cottage cheese), spinach, tomatoes, onions and a few spices.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (grated or crumbled)
- Spinach – around 200 grams (chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium-large (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Palak Paneer Bhurji:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add cumin seeds, let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till onions are light golden
- Add tomatoes and coriander powder, cook until oil starts to separate
- Add spinach and cook on medium flame until spinach is cooked, about 5 mins
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins on low-medium flame
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala powder, mix well
- Your Palak Paneer Bhurji is ready. Serve hot with your favorite bread.