Aloo Methi is a sheer comfort food. Aroma of the fresh fenugreek leaves along with potatoes and a bit of spices makes it delectable. It is a very simple recipe.
Also try: Aloo Palak.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 4 cups (chopped)
- Potatoes – 2 medium-large (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Methi:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a min. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add chopped methi and saute for a min
- Add potatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame until potatoes are soft. Keep checking in between
- Turn off the flame. Add garam masala powder and mix. Your Aloo Methi is ready!!!