Aloo Methi is a sheer comfort food. Aroma of the fresh fenugreek leaves along with potatoes and a bit of spices makes it delectable. It is a very simple recipe.
Also try: Aloo Palak.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 4 cups (tightly packed and chopped)
- Potatoes – 2 medium (chopped into small cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Methi:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add chopped methi. Saute for a minute
- Add potatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame till potatoes are soft. Keep sauteing in between
- Your Aloo Methi is ready
- Serve hot with Phulkas.