Aloo Kachori is a famous and flavorsome Indian snack. It’s crispy on the outside and stuffed with spicy potato filling. Enjoy it in breakfast or as an evening snack along with some chutney and plain yogurt.
Also try: Aloo Pyaaz Kachori.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 50 mins.
Servings: makes about 10 kachoris.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (peeled and grated)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep-frying the kachoris
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste
- Green Chutney to serve
- Plain Yogurt (Curd) to serve.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Kachori:
- Add whole wheat flour and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Mix and add water in portions to knead a soft smooth dough, keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated potato, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder & salt. Mix and make a smooth paste. Stuffing is ready, keep aside
- Take the dough and divide it into equal sized balls, about 10
- Take a ball and grease it with a little oil, roll it with a rolling-pin into a circle of about 3 inch diameter. Place around a tbsp of filling in the centre. Bring the edges together and seal it well
- Now grease it again with a little oil and gently roll to make a kachori of about 3 inch diameter, it should remain intact and no filling should be visible on the outside else it’ll break while frying. TIP: Incase potato filling comes out or becomes visible while rolling then seal that area with a little dough
- Meanwhile heat enough oil in a pan or kadai to deep fry the kachoris. When the oil is hot, drop the kachori carefully and deep-fry from both the sides until crisp and golden brown
- Drain it on a kitchen paper towel, your Aloo Kachori is ready. Similarly do the rest and serve hot with green chutney and plain yogurt.