Aloo Kachori is a famous North Indian snack. It is easy to make at home and often enjoyed in the breakfast with Green Chutney and curd. Hope you like this recipe.
Also try: Aloo Pyaaz Kachori.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (peeled and grated)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for shallow frying the kachoris + 1 tbsp
- Water – for kneading the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Kachori:
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl. Add water as required and knead a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add grated potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder and salt. Mix and cook for 4-5 mins
- Add garam masala powder and dry mango powder. Mix well
- Turn off the flame and keep aside the stuffing
- Take the dough and knead it a little bit once more. Divide the dough into equal sized balls
- Take a ball and grease it with a few drops of oil. Roll it into a circle of 3 inch diameter
- Place around 2 tbsp of filling in the centre. Bring the edges together and seal it well
- Now grease your fingers in a little oil and flatten the kachori. Make a circle of around 3 inch diameter
- Meanwhile heat enough oil to shallow fry the kachoris
- When oil is hot drop the kachori carefully. Deep fry from both the sides.
- Drain it on a kitchen paper towel. Your Aloo Kachori is ready.
- Serve hot with green chutney and curd.