Aloo Kachori is a famous North Indian snack. It is easy to make at home and often enjoyed in the breakfast with Green Chutney and curd. Hope you like this recipe.
Also try: Aloo Pyaaz Kachori.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled and peeled)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/3 tsp
- Oil – for shallow frying the kachoris and cooking the potatoes
- Water – for dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Kachori:
- Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add water as required and make a soft dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take boiled potatoes and grate them. Make sure it’s completely grated, no piece or lump should be left as it might spoil the kachoris while frying
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add spices coriander powder, red chilli powder and cumin powder. Saute for 4-5 seconds
- Add grated potatoes and salt. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 mins on medium flame
- Add garam masala powder and dry mango powder. Mix well
- Turn off the flame and keep aside the filling
- Take the dough and knead it once more. Divide the dough into equal sized balls
- Take a dough ball and pour a few drops of oil. Roll it into a circle of 3 inch diameter
- Place around 1 to 2 tbsps of filling in the centre. Bring together all the sides and seal it well
- Now dip your fingers in a little oil and press the kachori from the centre and make a circle of around 3 inch diameter. Similarly repeat it for rest of the kachoris
- Meanwhile heat enough oil to shallow fry the kachoris
- When oil is hot drop the kachori carefully
- Deep fry on medium flame from both the sides. Similarly repeat for rest of the kachoris
- Drain them on a kitchen paper towel
- Your Aloo Kachori is ready. Serve hot with green chutney and curd.