We all have definitely tried Paneer Bhurji, it is a simple yet tasty dish made out of paneer (Indian cottage cheese). This time I thought of mixing potatoes in it. It’s like Jeera Aloo with paneer and to my surprise it came out perfectly and equally tasty.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (crushed or grated)
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled and cut into cubes)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Paneer Bhurji:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add ginger. Saute till aromatic
- Turn the flame to low and add coriander powder, red chilli powder and chana masala powder. Saute for a few seconds and immediately add the potatoes. Mix
- Cook on medium flame till potatoes are a little crispy, it will take around 10 mins. Keep sauteing in between
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins on medium flame
- Add dry mango powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins
- Your Aloo Paneer Bhurji is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.