One of the easiest yet delicious recipe of paneer (Indian cottage cheese), Paneer Bhurji. It is basically crumbled paneer cooked with onions, tomatoes and a few spices.
Also try: Jeera Aloo.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (crumbled)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium-large (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Bhurji:
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies, saute till onions are light golden brown
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook until oil separates
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add coriander leaves and mix. Your Paneer Bhurji is ready!!!