One of the most easiest yet simply delish recipe of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is Paneer Bhurji. It is basically crumbled paneer cooked with onions, tomatoes and a few spices. A quick-fix meal recipe.
Also try: Jeera Aloo.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (grated or crumbled)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Bhurji:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add coriander leaves and mix. Your Paneer Bhurji is ready!!!