Bhindi (Okra) Masala is a comfort food. It is simple to make and can be enjoyed with phulkas or dal-rice. It is a quick-fix recipe as well.
Also try: Jeera Aloo or Paneer Bhurji.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Bhindi – 2 cups (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bhindi Masala:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke then add a pinch of salt. It helps in removing mustard oil aroma
- Add carrom seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add onions and green chilli, saute until golden brown
- Add bhindi, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook covered on low flame until soft. Keep stirring occasionally
- Add dry mango powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for a min, your Bhindi Masala is ready.