Bharwan Bhindi or Stuffed Okra is always such a delight to have, enjoy it with phulkas, parathas or dal-rice. It always enhances the flavor in the meal. To prepare this recipe we slit the bhindi, stuff it with spices and then cook it. Simple recipe.
Also try: Bhindi Masala.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Bhindi (Okra) – 250 grams
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Bharwan Bhindi:
- Chop the bhindi a little from both the ends. Then slit it from the center length wise, without cutting it completely . It should be intact. Cut all in the same way and keep it aside
- Take a small bowl. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well
- Now stuff the bhindi with the masala. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add bhindi. Mix well
- Cover and cook until soft on low flame, around 15 mins. Keep stirring in between
- Your Bharwan Bhindi is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas, Raita or Dal Chawal.