Bharwan Bhindi or Stuffed Okra is always such a delight to have, enjoy it with phulkas, parathas or dal-rice. To prepare this recipe we slit the bhindi, stuff it with spices and stir fry it.
Also try: Bhindi Masala.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Bhindi (Okra) – 250 grams
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Bharwan Bhindi:
- Chop the edges of the bhindi then slit it length wise without cutting it into two pieces, it should remain intact. Similarly do the rest, keep aside
- Take a bowl and add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder & salt. Mix well and stuff the bhindis with this masala
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add bhindi and saute
- Cook covered on low flame until soft. Keep stirring occasionally
- Your Bharwan Bhindi is ready.