An easy recipe for Aloo Patta Gobhi, it is basically cabbage & potato dry dish cooked in spices. It goes well with Paratha or Phulka.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Cabbage – 2 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic Cloves – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Patta Gobhi:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt. It helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli. Saute until light golden
- Add cabbage, potatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and cook covered on low flame until potatoes are soft, stir occasionally
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix and your Aloo Patta Gobhi is ready.