Cabbage in Indian Style. Cabbage Aloo goes well with Paratha and Phulka.
Also try: Aloo Gobhi.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Cabbage – 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a large pinch
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Cabbage Aloo:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil smell
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add onions, garlic and green chilli. Saute till golden brown
- Add cabbage and cook saute for 2 mins on a medium flame
- Add potatoes and spices – red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover the pan or kadai and cook on low flame till potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally
- Add garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix
- Your Cabbage Aloo is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.