The burger is lip-smacking and appetizing. Patties are prepared with boiled potatoes and spices, then pan-fried and finally tossed between buns along with some onions, tomatoes and chutneys.
Course: Snacks or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Refrigeration – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 1 hour.
Servings: makes 2 burgers
- Burger Buns – 2
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (grated)
- Onion – 1 small (sliced)
- Tomato – 1 small (sliced)
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs to coat the patties
- Oil to pan fry the patties
- Butter to toast the buns
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Tamarind Chutney – as needed (recipe here)
- Mint Coriander Chutney – as needed (recipe here)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Street Style Aloo Tikki Burger:
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated potatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and make two round patties out of it, same diameter as your buns. Keep aside
- Take a small mixing bowl and add corn flour & water, mix well to make a thin slurry. Keep aside
- Take bread crumbs on a plate for coating
- Now take the aloo patty, dip it in the slurry then coat it with bread crumbs. Repeat if desired. Similarly do other and refrigerate the prepared patties for 30 mins
- Heat oil in a pan and pan-fry the patties from both the sides until crisp and brown, keep aside
- Toast the buns in butter and place the bottom bun on a flat surface, spread some tamarind chutney & mint-coriander chutney, place the aloo patty, some onions & tomatoes and lastly the top bun. Your Street Style Aloo Tikki Burger is ready.