An easy and quick Indian dessert to make is Seviyan Kheer. To prepare it you’ll need vermicelli, whole milk, sugar and some dry-fruits.
Also try: Rice Kheer.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Roasted Vermicelli – 3/4 cup
- Whole Milk – 1 Litre
- Almonds – 6 (crushed)
- Cashews – 6 (crushed)
- Pistachios – 6 (crushed)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (soaked in warm water for 10 mins)
- A few saffron threads (optional)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Seviyan Kheer:
- Heat milk in a thick bottom pan and bring it to a boil
- Add roasted vermicelli and cook on a low flame until thickens, stirring occasionally. Takes about 15-20 mins. Remember to keep scraping the dried milk from the sides of the pan and add it back to the pan
- Add cashews, pistachios, almonds, raisins, saffron threads and cardamom powder. Mix and cook for another 4-5 mins or until you get the desired thickness, remember it’ll thicken further on cooling down
- Turn off the flame and add sugar, mix well. Your Seviyan Kheer is ready, serve hot or refrigerate to serve chilled.