An easy and quick Indian dessert to make is Seviyan Kheer. To prepare it you’ll need vermicelli, milk, sugar, dry-fruits and cardamom powder. I prefer the store-bought roasted vermicelli, you can go for the one you like.
Optional tip: You can also add a few saffron threads if desired.
Also try: Rice Kheer.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Whole Milk – 1 Litre
- Almonds – 8 (crushed or chopped)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (soaked for 10 mins in warm water)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Seviyan Kheer:
- Heat milk in a thick bottom pan and bring it to boil
- Turn the flame to low and add vermicelli. Cook on low flame till it thickens, stirring occasionally. Takes about 20 mins. Remember to keep scraping the dried milk from the sides of the pan and add it back to the pan
- Add raisins, almonds and cardamom powder. Cook for another 5 mins or till you have the desired thickness
- Turn off the flame. Add sugar and mix well. Your Seviyan Kheer is ready. Serve hot or refrigerate to serve chilled.