To prepare it you’ll need vermicelli, milk, sugar, nuts and cardamom powder. I generally prefer the store-bought roasted vermicelli, you can go for the one you like.
Optional tip: You can also add cashews and a few saffron threads if desired.
Also try: Rice Kheer.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Whole Milk – 1 Litre
- Almonds – 10 (crushed or chopped)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Raisins – 1/8 cup (soaked for 15 mins in warm water)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Seviyan Kheer:
- Heat milk in a thick bottom pan and bring it to boil
- Turn the flame to low. Add seviyan and stir
- Cook on low flame till it thickens, stir occasionally. Takes about 15-20 mins. Remember to keep scraping the dried milk from the sides of the pan and add it back to the pan
- Add raisins, almonds and cardamom powder. Cook for another 5 mins or till you have the desired thickness
- Turn off the flame. Add sugar and mix well
- Your Seviyan Kheer is ready. Serve hot or refrigerate to serve chilled.