Dalia and Jaggery both are considered healthy. When they are combined to make something sweet what more could we ask for. Recipe is very simple, easy and quick. Do give it a try.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Dalia (Broken Wheat) – 1 cup
- Jaggery Powder – 1 to 1 1/4 cups (depends on the desired sweetness)
- Green Cardamom – 3 (crush and remove the skin)
- Ghee – 2 tsp (optional, you can even roast dalia without ghee or use roasted one to avoid ghee)
- Water – 2.5 cups.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Sweet Dalia:
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add dalia
- Turn the flame to low-medium and roast till it turns golden brown becomes fragrant
- Add water and bring it to boil
- Cover and cook on low flame till dalia is soft and water is absorbed
- Turn off the flame. Add jaggery powder and cardamom. Mix well
- Your Sweet Dalia is ready. Enjoy.