Dalia and Jaggery both are considered healthy. When they are combined to make something sweet, then what more could we ask for. Recipe is very simple, easy and quick. Do give it a try.
Also try: Seviyan Kheer.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Dalia (Broken Wheat) – 1 cup
- Jaggery Powder – 1 cup or as required
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp (optional, you can even roast dalia without ghee or use roasted one to avoid ghee)
- Water – 2.5 cups.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sweet Dalia:
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai. Add dalia and turn the flame to low-medium
- Roast it until golden brown and becomes fragrant
- Add water and bring it to boil
- Cover and cook on low flame till dalia is soft and water is absorbed
- Turn off the flame. Add jaggery powder and cardamom. Mix well
- Your Sweet Dalia is ready. Enjoy.