Vegetable Dalia is a nutritious and scrumptious meal to enjoy. In this easy recipe you can add as many vegetables of your choice as you like. You can also checkout recipe for Sweet Dalia.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Roasted Dalia (Broken Wheat) – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Vegetable Dalia:
- Add roasted dalia in a saucepan along with the water. Cover and bring it boil, then turn the flame to low and cook covered until water is completely absorbed
- Meanwhile heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add chopped potatoes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cover. Cook on medium flame until potatoes are soft, they’ll also be a little crispy and brown as we cook them on a medium flame. Keep aside
- Now again heat 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan or a different one. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies, cook until golden brown
- Add tomatoes and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add boiled green peas, boiled sweet corn and chopped paneer. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Add cooked dalia and salt. Mix well and cook for about a min
- Turn off the flame, and add garam masala powder, cooked potatoes, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Give it a nice mix
- Your Vegetable Dalia is ready. Top it with roasted peanuts while serving and you can relish it with some Coriander Chutney.