Vegetable Dalia is considered as one of the healthy meals. To prepare it we need broken wheat, veggies and a few spices. I have added onions, tomatoes, green peas, sweet corn and potatoes. You can skip any of these or add more, as you prefer. The lemon juice in the recipe gives it a nice tangy flavor. Hope you enjoy it!!! Also checkout recipe for Sweet Dalia.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Dalia (Broken Wheat) – 1/2 cup (roasted)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1 small to medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Vegetable Dalia:
- Take a saucepan. Add roasted dalia and water. Keep it on high flame, cover and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, turn the flame to low. Keep it covered. Cook till water is completely absorbed and dalia is soft
- While dalia is cooking, heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add potatoes and mix. Cover and cook on low flame till potatoes are almost soft (you can also shallow fry the potatoes separately and mix it later along with green peas and sweet corn)
- Now add onions and green chillies. Turn the flame to medium-high. Cook till onions are golden brown
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add green peas, sweet corn, dalia, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Vegetable Dalia is ready.