A quick-fix breakfast or snack option, to prepare it you’ll need roasted vermicelli, veggies and a few spices.
Also try: Vegetable Dalia or Poha.
Course: Breakfast or Snack
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Savory Vermicelli:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai, add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and potatoes. Mix and cook covered on a low flame until potatoes are soft. Keep stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile add water in a saucepan and bring it to boil
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix and cook until soft
- Add roasted vermicelli, sweet corn, green peas, boiling water and salt. Mix and cook on a medium-high flame until water is absorbed, stirring occasionally
- Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix and your Savory Vermicelli is ready.