This recipe is close to my heart as it is my childhood’s favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack; yep I could eat it all the time!!! This is my mother’s recipe, but she always makes it better than me. It is a quick-fix meal too. To prepare this we need roasted vermicelli, veggies and a few spices.
Course: Breakfast or Snack
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Vermicelli – 1/2 cup (roasted)
- Onion – 1 medium (sliced)
- Potato – 1 small (thinly sliced)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – to garnish
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boiling Water – 1 cup (you can boil it while cooking the veggies)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Vermicelli:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add onions and potato. Cover and cook till potatoes are soft on a low flame. Keep sautéing in occasionally
- Once potato are soft, uncover and cook on medium flame till onions are golden brown
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add vermicelli, boiling water and salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add boiled peas and cook till water is absorbed. Keep stirring in between
- Once water is absorbed turn off the flame. Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Vermicelli is ready. Serve hot.