This recipe is close to my heart as it’s my childhood favorite and my mum makes it the best!!! And it is also from the beginning days of my cooking. It is a quick-fix meal, to prepare this you’ll need roasted vermicelli, veggies and a few spices.
Course: Breakfast or Snack
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Potato – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Vermicelli:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add onions and potatoes. Cover and cook till potatoes are soft on a low flame. Keep sautéing in occasionally
- Once potatoes are soft, uncover and add tomatoes, green chillies and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add vermicelli, warm water and salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add boiled green peas and cook till water is absorbed. Keep stirring occasionally
- Once water is absorbed turn off the flame. Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix and your Vermicelli is ready. Serve hot.