A healthy and delicious option for breakfast, which is famous almost all across India though each region has their own variation. To prepare this you’ll need poha (flattened rice), onions, potatoes, tomatoes, lemon juice and some roasted peanuts along with a very few spices. Recipe is an easy and quick one. You can also relish it as an evening snack.
Also try: Vegetable Upma or Vermicelli.
Course: Breakfast or Snack.
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 Mins.
- Poha (Flattened Rice) – 1 cup
- Onion – 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/4 cup (seeded and finely chopped)
- Roasted Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Water to soak poha
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Poha:
- Soak poha in water for around 10 mins (soaking time also depends upon the quality of the poha), then rinse it thoroughly and strain it through a sieve. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add black mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Add 2 tbsp of onions and potatoes. Saute and cover. Cook on low flame till potatoes are soft. Keep sautéing occasionally
- Once potatoes are soft turn the flame to medium, add green chillies, turmeric powder and sugar (optional). Mix and cook for a min
- Add poha and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins then turn off the flame
- Add lemon juice, coriander leaves and roasted peanuts, and mix
- Transfer the poha to a serving plate or a bowl. Top it with chopped tomatoes, remaining quantity of onions and some coriander leaves
- Your Poha is ready. Serve hot with Tea or Coffee.
I always kept looking for some good poha recipe & here i get one 😊👍
Hope you like it too 🙂