This is one dish which is famous all across the India and many enjoy it in the breakfast or even in the evening snack. Simple yet delicious.
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 Mins
- Poha (flattened rice) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp (roasted)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Your favorite namkeen mix – to sprinkle on the top
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Poha:
- Soak poha in water for 15 mins (soaking time also depends upon the quality of the poha)
- Now rinse it 2-3 times. Strain it in a big strainer and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add brown mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and potatoes. Saute
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame till potatoes are soft. Keep sauteing in between
- Once potatoes are soft turn the flame to medium and saute till onions are golden brown
- Add green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and sugar. Mix
- Add poha and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 mins
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix
- Transfer the poha on a serving plate or a bowl. Top it with tomatoes, peanuts, coriander leaves and your favorite namkeen
- Your Poha is ready to serve
- Serve hot with Tea or Coffee.