One recipe which is famous all across India, with a few variations in each region. Enjoy it in the breakfast or even in the evening snack. Simple yet delicious.
Course: Breakfast or Snack.
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 Mins.
- Poha (flattened rice) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 small (seeded and finely chopped)
- Roasted Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Your favorite namkeen mix – to sprinkle on the top
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Poha:
- Soak poha in water for 15 mins (soaking time also depends upon the quality of the poha)
- Now rinse it thoroughly. Strain it and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add black mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and potatoes. Saute and cover. Cook on low flame till potatoes are soft. Keep sautéing occasionally
- Once potatoes are soft turn the flame to medium-high and add green chillies, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook till onions are golden brown
- Add poha, sugar and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix
- Transfer the poha on a serving plate or a bowl. Top it with chopped tomatoes, peanuts, coriander leaves and your favorite namkeen
- Your Poha is ready. Serve hot with Tea or Coffee.