A simple and easy recipe for Aloo Baingan Masala. You’ll need potatoes, eggplant, onion, tomatoes and spices. Relish it with some hot phulkas.
Also Try: Baingan Bharta.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 30 Mins.
- Eggplant (Baingan)- 2 cups (peeled and chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Baingan Masala:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies, saute until light golden brown
- Add tomato paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add eggplant, potatoes, salt and water. Mix and close the lid
- Let the first whistle blow on high flame, then turn the flame to medium and cook for another 2-3 whistles
- Turn off the flame, once the pressure settles down open the lid and add garam masala powder, lemon juice & coriander leaves. Mix well
- Your Aloo Baingan Masala is ready.