Aloo Baingan Dry is a super easy and quick recipe. You can relish it with hot phulkas or parathas and even with dal & rice.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 25 Mins
- Eggplant – 1 medium (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Baingan Dry:
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add eggplant and saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low flame for 12-15 mins or until potatoes are soft. Keep stirring occasionally
- Now make a circle in the centre till the bottom of the pan and add chopped tomatoes (pic below for your reference). Cover and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Uncover and mix, cook on high flame for a min
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and garam masala powder, mix well. Your Aloo Baingan Dry is ready.