Jeera Rice is the one of the major accomplishment in any Indian meal. The aroma of cumin seeds and black cardamom makes it palatable. It can be enjoyed with any gravy of your choice like Dal Makhani, Chole, Rajma, Kadhi, Dal Tadka, Langar Waali Dal, etc. You name it and jeera rice will compliment it.
Course: Main Course
Time: Soaking – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Jeera Rice:
- Take a bowl. Add rice. Wash thoroughly and soak it for 15 mins
- Drain the water. Keep aside the rice
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai
- Add black cardamom and bay leaves. Saute till you get the aroma (it’ll take around 5-10 seconds)
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add rice and 1 cup water. Add salt and mix
- Cover and turn the flame to high. Bring it to boil
- Once it starts boiling turn the flame to low. Keep it lightly covered and cook till water is absorbed completely
- Your Jeera Rice is ready. Enjoy with your favorite curry or dal.