Jeera Rice is the one of the major accomplishment in any Indian meal. The aroma of cumin seeds and black cardamom makes it palatable. It can be enjoyed with any gravy of your choice like Dal Makhani, Chole, Rajma, Kadhi, Dal Tadka, Langar Waali Dal, etc., you name it and jeera rice will compliment it.
Course: Main Course
Time: Soaking – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Jeera Rice:
- Soak rice for 15 mins then thoroughly rinse it and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pan or a kadai, add black cardamom and bay leaves. Saute until aromatic
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add rice, water and salt. Give it a gentle mix and cover, bring it to boil
- Turn the flame to low and now keep it half covered, cook until water is completely absorbed
- Turn off the flame and cover it, let it rest for 5 mins
- Your Jeera Rice is ready, enjoy with your favorite dal or curries.