Dum Aloo is prepared with baby potatoes cooked in a rich onions and tomatoes gravy. This recipe has a touch of Kashmiri as well as Punjabi Dum Aloo. Hope you like it.
Also try: Jeera Aloo.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Baby Potatoes – 10-12 (boiled, peeled and pricked with a toothpick or a fork)
- Onion – 1 (diced)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (diced)
- Ginger – 1 inch (diced)
- Tomatoes – 2 large (blend to a paste)
- Fennel Seed Powder – 3 tsp
- Cashew – 10 (powdered or use 2 tbsp cashew powder)
- Curd – 2 tbsp (whisked)
- Fresh Cream – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
How to make Dum Aloo:
- Add diced onions, garlic and ginger in a grinding jar. Grind to make a fine paste. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add the onion paste. Saute till golden brown
- Add tomato paste and spices – kashmiri red chilli powder, fennel powder and cashew powder. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add whisked curd. Mix. Cook for a minute with continuous stirring
- Add water and bring it to boil. Add potatoes, kasuri methi and salt. Cook for 10 mins on low-medium flame
- Add fresh cream. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 mins
- Your Dum Aloo is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.