Paneer Makhani Pasta is a Indian-Italian recipe. It is basically pasta in the Paneer Butter Masala sauce and it is heavenly. To prepare this pasta we make a sauce with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and a few spices, then add pasta and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) to this creamy and mouth-watering sauce.
Also try: Red Sauce Pasta.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Pasta (your choice) – 1 cup
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (roughly chopped)
- Tomatoes – 4 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Paneer Makhani Pasta:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Now blend it to make a fine paste. Keep aside
- Boil water with a little salt. Add pasta and cook as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a pan. Add the tomato-onion paste, red chilli powder, ground black pepper and coriander powder . Mix and cook for 7-8 mins
- Add kasuri methi, cream, paneer and salt. Cook for 2-3 mins
- Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Mix and cook for a minute. Add cheese at this step if desired
- Your Paneer Makhani Pasta is ready
- Sprinkle a little red chili flakes and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot!!!