Paneer Makhani Pasta is a Indian-Italian recipe. It is a pasta recipe with the Paneer Butter Masala sauce and it is heavenly. To prepare this we make a sauce with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and a few spices, then add pasta and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) to this creamy and mouth-watering sauce.
Also try: Red Sauce Sweet Corn Pasta.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 40 mins
- Penne Pasta (or of your choice) – 1 cup
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 150 grams (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (roughly chopped) (optional)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Water to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Makhani Pasta:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add it to a blender and blend it to make a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Bring sufficient water to boil and cook pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a pan. Add the tomato-onion paste, saute and cook for 7-8 mins or until butter starts to separate
- Add coriander powder, chilli flakes, ground black pepper and kasuri methi. Mix and cook for a min
- Add cream, cheese, paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce, add coriander leaves and mix well
- Your Paneer Makhani Pasta is ready. Sprinkle some chili flakes and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot!!!