Makhani Pasta is an Indian-Italian recipe. It is a pasta recipe with the Paneer Butter Masala sauce and it is heavenly. To prepare this we make a sauce with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and a few spices, then add pasta to this creamy and mouth-watering sauce.
- You can skip paneer and add veggies of your choice like bell pepper, broccoli or mushroom
- I have added Dried Fenugreek Leaves for the flavour, you can try adding oregano instead.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Pasta (of your choice) – 2 cups
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 150 grams (cut into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 4
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Cheese – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Chilli Flakes to sprinkle on top
- Water to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Makhani Pasta:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute until translucent
- Add tomatoes and cashew, cook until soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add it to a blender and blend it to make a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a pan. Add the paste, coriander powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and salt. Mix and cook covered on medium flame for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add crushed dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for a min
- Add cream, cheese (optional) and paneer. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce, mix well. Your Makhani Pasta is ready. Garnish with some chilli flakes and coriander leaves. Serve hot!!!