Recently I prepared these paneer spinach stuffed pasta shells and to my surprise they were beyond delicious. The delectable stuffing in the pasta makes it so appetizing. I know I am going to run short on words to describe the deliciousness of this recipe. To make the stuffing we need paneer (Indian cottage cheese), spinach and sweetcorn (totally optional). It is an outstanding recipe and a must must must try!!!
I have used jumbo pasta shells for this recipe, you can also use medium pasta shells.
Also try: Stuffed Pasta Shells.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Jumbo Pasta Shells – 10
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 150 grams (crumbled)
- Spinach – 150 grams (blanched and chopped)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Tomato – 4 large (roughly chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 5-6 (coarsely chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (2 – coarsely chopped and 2 – finely chopped)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup (to sprinkle on the top)
- Olive Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius
- Grease a baking dish or a pan. Keep aside
- Boil pasta shells as per the instructions on the pack. Keep aside
- Take a blending jar. Add tomatoes, basil leaves and 2 coarsely chopped garlic cloves. Blend to make a coarse paste. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the tomato paste, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook uncovered till excess water is absorbed and oil starts to separate. Keep aside the tomato sauce
- Now again heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. Saute till aromatic
- Add blanched and chopped spinach. Mix
- Add crumbled paneer, sweet corn, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes, 1/4 ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and cook for 3-4 mins. Keep aside
- Now take pasta shells and stuff it with paneer spinach filling (around 1 tbsp or more). Keep aside
- Take greased baking dish and spread 2-3 tbsp of tomato sauce (so that pasta doesn’t stick to the dish while baking). Place the stuffed pasta shells. Spread the remaining tomato sauce on top of the pasta shells. Sprinkle cheese on the top
- Bake for 15 mins. Your Paneer Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells are ready
- Serve hot!!!