Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and spinach with a hint of garlic, is always a hit stuffing!!! I have tried this in a sandwich, stuffed in pasta and even in a quesadilla, today I am sharing the recipe for the same stuffing in small peppers. These sweet peppers along with paneer spinach stuffing, makes your palate so full with flavors. Cheese is totally optional on these, though I baked half batch with cheese and without it.
Sometime back I shared recipe for Mexican Quinoa, you can also try stuffing that in these small sweet peppers. That’s delicious too. There’s an image below for you to have a look, that how appetizing it looks. So basically I shared two recipes instead of one, LOL!!! I hope you try them both and relish them equally.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Baking – 15 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Small Peppers – 8 (slit in halves and seeded)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (crumbled)
- Spinach – 100 grams (blanched and chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – as needed (to sprinkle on the top) (optional)
- Chilli Flakes – to sprinkle on top
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Spinach Stuffed Pepper:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic. Saute till aromatic
- Add blanched and chopped spinach. Mix and cook till excess water is absorbed
- Add crumbled paneer, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 mins. Keep aside the stuffing
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F or 220 C. Grease the baking sheet or line it with parchment paper
- Now take the pepper halves and stuff them with the stuffing
- Place the stuffed peppers on the baking sheet and sprinkle some cheese, it’s totally optional. Bake them for 15 mins or until peppers are soft
- Your Paneer Spinach Stuffed Peppers are ready. Serve hot!!!