Mexican Quinoa is a healthy and super delicious meal. It’s loaded with veggies and flavors. It is one of my favorite as it’s so appetising and effortless to make.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Quinoa (of your choice) – 1 cup
- Beans (Black or Pinto) – 1.5 cups (boiled) (or go for one 15oz can, drained and rinsed)
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup (boiled or even frozen ones)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Bell Peppers – 1 cup (chopped) (I have used red and green ones)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped) (optional)
- Tomato – 1 large or 2 medium (seeded and chopped)
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lime Juice – of 1.5 limes
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – to cook quinoa
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Mexican Quinoa:
- Cook quinoa as per the instructions on the pack or add 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add quinoa. Bring it to boil, then cover and cook on low flame until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy
- While quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a pan or skillet. Add garlic and saute until aromatic
- Add onions and bell peppers. Cook until tender
- Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, ground pepper, sweet corn, cooked beans and tomatoes. Mix
- Add cooked quinoa and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute
- Turn off the flame. Add lime juice and coriander leaves. Mix
- Your Mexican Quinoa is ready.