Mexican Quinoa is a healthy and appetizing meal, and it’s effortless to make.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Cooked Beans – 1.5 cups (or a 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Bell Peppers – 1 cup
- Seeded and Chopped Tomato – 1 large
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili or Jalapeño as per taste
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water to cook quinoa
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Mexican Quinoa:
- Cook quinoa as per the instructions on the pack
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute until aromatic
- Add onions and bell peppers. Saute until tender
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder, boiled sweet corn, cooked beans and tomatoes. Mix and saute for about two mins
- Add cooked quinoa and salt. Mix well and cook for another two mins
- Turn off the flame and add lime juice & coriander leaves. Mix well and your Mexican Quinoa is ready.