Tomato Basil pasta is close to my heart, it is my all time favorite pasta. I simply love the fresh flavor of basil leaves along with the tangy tomatoes, and garlic gives it that extra punch. It is a comfort food for me. It is also a quick-fix meal.
I have used whole-wheat spaghetti in this recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Spaghetti Pasta (or your choice of pasta) – around 140 grams
- Tomato – 4-5 large (roughly chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – around 10 (chopped)
- Garlic Cloves – 3-4 (roughly chopped)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tomato Basil Pasta:
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking take a blending jar, add tomatoes and garlic. Blend to a paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add butter and tomato paste. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add chilli flakes, ground black pepper, chopped basil leaves and salt. Mix
- Strain the spaghetti and add it to the sauce. Mix till spaghetti is coated in the sauce.
- Your Tomato Basil Pasta is ready!!!
- You can also add cheese or cream to this recipe at step 4, if desired
- If you do not have fresh basil leaves then add 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- You can use spaghetti (or any other pasta) of your choice like regular, whole wheat or lenthil.