The tang of lemon in pasta is delectable, to prepare this lemon pasta you’ll need lemon zest and lemon juice apart from some onions and garlic. I have also added paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and it did do add-on wonders to the pasta, though it is totally optional.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Shell Pasta – 1.5 cup (you can use any other shape as well)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1 cup (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium-large (julienned)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp (to get the rich yellow color)
- Dried Basil Leaves – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Lemon Pasta:
- Boil pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook till onions are golden brown
- Add paneer, lemon zest, chilli flakes, turmeric powder, dried basil leaves and salt. Mix and cook for a minute
- Strain the pasta and add it to the pan. Mix and cook for a min
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix
- Your Lemon Pasta is ready. Serve hot.