The easiest of all pasta recipes, effortless and full on flavors. Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a pasta recipe in which we use olive oil, garlic and a little bit of chilli flakes to make the sauce for pasta. No further explanation is required for this super simple and easy recipe. A must try!!!
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Spaghetti Pasta – 225 grams or 8 oz
- Garlic Clove – 4 (sliced or crushed)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 4 tbsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves or Parsley for garnishing
- Water to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
How to make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio:
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the pack. Strain and keep aside. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute till golden brown. Add chilli flakes and saute for a few more seconds
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water and bring it to boil. Cook till it is reduced to half or more (depends on the consistency you like in your pasta)
- Add pasta and ground black pepper (optional), mix well. Garnish with some coriander leaves and your Pasta is ready. Enjoy it as is or with freshly made garlic bread.