The tang of lemon in the pasta is delectable. To prepare lemon pasta we need lemon zest and lemon juice apart from onions and garlic. I have also added sweet corn and paneer (cottage cheese) and both did add-on wonders to the pasta, if you desire you can skip either or both. Enjoy the recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Shell Pasta – 1 cup (you can use any other shape as well)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut in cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Lemon Zest – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp (to get the rich yellow color)
- Dried Basil Leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp + to sprinkle on the top
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Lemon Pasta:
- Boil pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook till onions are crispy
- Add paneer, boiled sweet corn, lemon zest, chilli flakes, turmeric powder, dried basil leaves and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute
- Strain the pasta and add it to the pan. Mix and cook for a minute
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix
- Your Lemon Pasta is ready. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and serve hot.