Sweet Corn and Pasta make a beautiful combination, simply love it!!! The sauce for this recipe is prepared with sweet corn (of course), onion, garlic and fresh basil leaves. If you do not have fresh basil leaves then you can use 1 tsp of dried basil leaves, but fresh flavors are always better.
Cheese Tip: I did not any add cheese to the recipe, if you like then go for it.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Pasta (of your choice) – 1.5 cups
- Sweet Corn – 1.5 cups (boiled)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 clove (finely chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 1/4 cup (roughly chopped or torn)
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Light Cream – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sweet Corn Pasta:
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, take a blending jar. Add 1 cup sweet corn (reserve the remaining 1/2 cup). Blend to a paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook till onions are light golden brown
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sweet corn and cook for 1-2 mins. Corns will pop, so be careful
- Add the blended sweet corns and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water (or normal water). Add chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for a minute
- Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add fresh basil leaves and light cream. Mix and cook for a minute. Add cheese or cream at this step if desired
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix and Sweet Corn Pasta is ready!!!