Palak Sweet Corn is a healthy, nutritious and yummy recipe. The combination of Spinach and Sweet Corn is heavenly, enjoy it with hot phulkas or steamed rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Spinach – 150 grams or 3 cups tightly packed
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (julienned)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Beaten Curd (Yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water to blanch spinach + 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Sweet Corn Gravy:
- Boil water in a saucepan to blanch the spinach. Turn off the flame and add spinach, cover it and let rest for 5 mins. Strain it and transfer to ice-cold water, let it rest for a min. Now strain it again and blanching is done
- Transfer it to a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste, keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add garlic and saute until aromatic
- Add onion and saute until light golden brown
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Saute for a few secs
- Add spinach paste and ginger, cook for 2-3 mins
- Add beaten curd and mix well, cook for 1-2 mins
- Add 1/4 cup water, sweet corn and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add garam masala powder. Mix and your Palak Sweet Corn Gravy is ready.