Palak Corn is a healthy and a nutritious recipe. It is technically a variation of Palak Paneer, we switch Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with Sweet Corn. It tastes equally good as the combination of Spinach and Sweet Corn is heavenly. I have added a little bit of curd (plain yogurt) to it and it was simply great, though it is totally optional. I skipped the cream from this recipe, you can add 2 tbsp if desired.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Spinach (Palak) – 150 grams
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled or steamed)
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curd (Dahi or Yogurt) – 1/4 cup (beat a little to a smooth texture) (optional)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – to cook spinach
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Corn:
- Boil water in a saucepan to blanch the spinach. Add spinach. Turn off the flame. Cover and keep it for 5 mins. Now strain the water using a colander. Now transfer the spinach to ice-cold water. Again drain the water using the colander. Blanching is done
- Blend the blanched spinach to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste and green chillies. Saute
- Add onions. Saute till golden brown
- Add tomato paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add spinach paste and sweet corn. Mix
- Add curd, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins
- Your Palak Corn is ready. Serve hot.