Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Spinach – 150 grams
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 2 (blend along with tomatoes)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a large pinch
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta) – 1
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) – 1
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup + as needed
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Paneer:
- Add spinach and 1/4 cup water to a pressure cooker, close the lid and cook for one whistle on high flame. Turn off the flame, release the pressure and let it cool down. Now transfer it to a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add bay leaf and black cardamom, saute until fragrant
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add ginger-garlic paste and onions. Saute on medium flame until light golden brown
- Add tomato-green chilli paste, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add spinach paste and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for a min
- Your Palak Paneer is ready.