Palak Paneer is a famous Indian gravy. It is healthy and delish. To prepare this we need spinach, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), onions, tomatoes and some spices.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Spinach – 200 grams (cleaned and washed)
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a large pinch
- Bay Leaf (Tej Patta) – 1
- Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) – 1
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Cream – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Paneer:
- Add spinach and 1/4 cup water to a pressure cooker. Close the lid and cook for a whistle on high flame. Once the pressure settles down then open the lid and let it cool down
- Blend the cooked spinach along with the water to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and black cardamom. Saute for a few seconds
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till golden brown
- Add tomato paste, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add paneer and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add spinach paste, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for another minute
- Add fresh cream (optional). Mix and cook for a min. Your Palak Paneer is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.