Indian Mexican Rice is an easy and quick-fix meal, which is delicious and flavorful.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Cooked Rice – 3 cups
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Potatoes – 1 large (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 large (seeded and finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (seeded and chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Indian Mexican Rice:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, green chili, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. Your Salsa is ready, keep aside
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add chopped potatoes, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cover. Cook until potatoes are soft
- Uncover and turn the flame to high. Cook for 1-2 mins until potatoes are crispy. Your Crispy Potatoes are ready, keep aside
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add cooked rice, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins on medium flame. Your Rice is ready, keep aside
- Take a serving plate. Place desired amount of rice. Add some crispy potatoes, salsa and sweet corn. Your Indian Mexican Rice is ready.