There are many many ways to cook rice. One of the easiest is with onions and tomatoes and when you add sweet corn it becomes super appetising. I add tomatoes more generously as the tanginess of tomatoes and sweetness of sweet corn is absolutely delectable.
Also try: Indian Mexican Rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Rice – 1 cup (soaked for 15 mins)
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup (boiled)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 medium (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp or as required
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
- Boil soaked rice in whichever way it’s convenient for you. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions. Saute till translucent
- Add tomatoes. Saute till oil starts to separate
- Add sweet corn, coriander powder, black pepper powder and chili flakes. Mix well
- Add boiled rice, coriander leaves and salt. Mix and cook for a minute or two
- Your Sweet Corn Rice is ready. Sprinkle a bit of chili flakes and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy!!!