There are many many ways to cook rice. One of the easiest is with onions and tomatoes and when you add sweet corn it becomes super appetising. I add tomatoes more generously as the tanginess of tomatoes and sweetness of sweet corn is absolutely delectable.
Also try: Indian Mexican Rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Rice – 1/2 cup (rinsed and soaked for 20 mins)
- Sweet Corn – 3/4 cup (boiled)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 medium (chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- Cook soaked rice, in whatever way you prefer
- While rice is cooking, heat in oil in a pan. Add onions. Saute till translucent
- Add tomatoes. Saute till oil starts to separate
- Add sweet corn, coriander powder, ground black pepper and chilli flakes. Mix well
- Add cooked rice, coriander leaves and salt. Mix and cook for a minute or two
- Your Sweet Corn Rice is ready. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy!!!