Multigrain Roti is a nutritious bread to relish with curries in our regular simple meals. Homemade multigrain flour is always better than the store-bought ones. I have used four ingredients to make this flour, consisting of wheat flour, oats flour, gram flour and crushed flax seeds.
Portions of ingredients:
- Wheat Flour – 4 cups
- Oats Flour – 2 cups
- Gram Flour – 2 cups
- Crushed Flax Seeds – 1 cup.
Mix all the ingredients in advance and store in an air-tight container, then use it as needed.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 20 mins
Servings: makes 5-6 phulkas or rotis
- Multigrain Flour – 1 cup
- Water as needed to knead the dough
- Ghee to grease the rotis (optional).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Multigrain Roti:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add flour, and add water in portions as required to knead the dough. Make a soft and smooth dough. Cover and keep aside for 5-10 mins
- Now knead the dough again a little bit, if it’s sticky then dust it as required
- Take a small-medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with the flour
- Start rolling with a rolling-pin, dust again if required. Make a medium size roti
- Meanwhile heat a tawa or a pan. Place the roti, flip it when you get the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of tongs and place it directly on the flame (you can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame)
- Cook from both the sides over the flame with the help of tongs. Remove it from the flame and grease it with ghee. Your Multigrain Roti is ready. Similarly cook the rest and enjoy with your favorite curries.