Methi Roti is a nutritious and tasty flatbread prepared with fenugreek leaves and whole wheat flour. Enjoy it in lunch or dinner with your favorite dal or sabji.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 2 cups tightly packed (chopped)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) for greasing the rotis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Methi Roti:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, methi and salt. Mix
- Add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Again knead the dough for a little bit. Take a medium size ball from the dough, dust it with flour and start rolling with a rolling-pin to make a normal size roti. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Flip it when you start getting the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of the tongs and place it directly over the flame. Cook from both the sides by flipping with the tongs. You can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame
- Remove it from the flame and grease it with ghee. Your Palak Roti is ready.