Methi Roti is a nutritious tasty flatbread prepared with fenugreek leaves and whole wheat flour. Enjoy it in lunch or dinner with your favorite dal or sabji.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 8-9 rotis.
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 2 cups tightly packed (rinsed and chopped)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) for greasing the rotis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Methi Roti:
- Take a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, chopped methi, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well
- Add water as required. Start kneading the dough. Make a soft and smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Knead the dough again a little bit. If it’s sticky, then dust it as required
- Take a medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with the wheat flour
- Start rolling with a rolling-pin, dust again if required. Make a medium-large roti. It should not be very thin
- Meanwhile heat a tawa or a pan. Place the roti. Flip it when you get the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of tongs and place it directly on the flame (you can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame)
- Cook from both the sides with the tongs. Remove it from the flame
- Grease it with ghee. Your Methi Roti is ready. Serve Hot!!!