Palak Roti i.e. Spinach Whole Wheat Flour Bread is a healthy bread recipe. It can be relished with dal, curries or any vegetable of your choice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Spinach – 2 cups (chopped)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Water for kneading the dough
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) for serving.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Roti:
- Take a mixing bowl and add whole wheat flour & spinach. Mix and start kneading by adding water in portions, knead to make a soft smooth dough. It’ll be a bit sticky but doable. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Now make medium size balls from the dough, dust it with flour and start rolling with a rolling-pin to make a normal size roti. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the roti on it. Flip it when you start getting the brown spots. Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of the tongs and place it directly over the flame. Cook from both the sides by flipping with the tongs, you can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame
- Remove it from the flame and grease it with ghee. Your Palak Roti is ready.