There are many Indian breads to enjoy in the breakfast, lunch or dinner. Today I am sharing an easy one and it’s Palak Roti.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Spinach – 2 cups tightly packed (chopped)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cups
- Water – for kneading the dough
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – for serving
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Roti:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, spinach and salt. Mix
- Add water as needed and knead a smooth soft dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Knead the dough again a little bit. If it’s sticky, dust it as required
- Take a medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with the flour
- Start rolling with a rolling-pin, dust again if required. Make a medium-large roti. Do not make it very thin
- Meanwhile heat a tawa or a pan. Place the roti. Flip it when you get the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of the tongs and place it directly on the flame (you can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame)
- Cook from both the sides with the tongs. It should be as shown in the image. Remove it from the flame
- Grease it with ghee. Your Palak Roti is ready
- Serve hot with any daal or curry.