We always relish the vast variety of stuffed parathas like Gobi Paratha or Aloo Paratha. Here’s a variation to stuffed paratha which is nutritious yet super tasty, stuffed rotis. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) Roti is healthy as it’s not shallow fried. It is basically a stuffed flatbread, stuffing prepared with paneer and a few spices.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Paneer (India Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (grated)
- Green Chilli – 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water for kneading the dough
- Coriander Leaves as needed
- Ghee for greasing the rotis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Roti:
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl. Add water as needed and knead a smooth soft dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add grated paneer, green chillies, coriander leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well. Keep aside the stuffing
- Take a medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with wheat flour and make a small round
- Place around 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the center. Bring the edges together and make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling slowly to make a normal size phulka. Dust again in between rolling. Make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa. Place the roti on it, flip it when you get the brown spots
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of tongs and place it directly over the flame (you can even cook it on the tawa itself)
- Cook from both the sides with the tongs (be careful while flipping on the flame it should not break).
- Remove it from the flame and top with ghee. Serve hot with curd, tea or as is.