We always relish the vast variety of stuffed parathas like Gobhi Paratha, Aloo Pyaaz Paratha or Aloo Paratha. Here’s a variation to stuffed paratha which is nutritious and healthy yet super tasty, and it is stuffed rotis. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) Roti is healthy as packed with protein and it’s not shallow fried.
Course: Breakfast and Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Paneer (India Cottage Cheese) – 150 grams (grated)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water for kneading the dough
- Coriander Leaves as needed
- Ghee for greasing the rotis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Roti:
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take a mixing bowl. Add grated paneer, green chillies, coriander leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside
- Take a medium size ball from the dough. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a small round
- Place around 1.5 – 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling to make a normal size roti. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Once you get the brown spots on both the sides, remove it from the tawa with the help of the tongs and place it directly over the flame. Cook from both the sides by flipping with the tongs. You can even cook it on the tawa itself if you have an electric flame
- Remove it from the flame and top with ghee. Serve hot with curd, tea or as is.