Paneer Paratha is such a delight to enjoy always and when goodness of spinach is added to it, its irresistible. Palak Paneer Paratha is a spinach and Indian cottage cheese flatbread. Recipe is pretty simple and similar to a Paneer Paratha, difference is the dough. We blend spinach to a smooth paste and mix it with whole wheat flour to make the beautiful looking green color dough. Then stuff the dough with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and shallow fry it. Relish it with butter, dahi (plain yogurt) or tea.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes 4-5 parathas.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Palak (Spinach) – 100 grams
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 100 grams (crumbled)
- Green Chilli – 1 (roughly chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil or Ghee (Clarified Butter) to shallow fry the parathas
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Palak Paneer Paratha:
- Take a blending jar, add palak and green chilli. Blend to a smooth paste, add 1-2 tbsp of water if its difficult to blend. Keep aside
- Add wheat flour, spinach paste and salt in a bowl. Start kneading and make a soft smooth dough. You can add a little water if it’s too dry or a little flour if it’s too sticky. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Take paneer in a bowl. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside the stuffing
- Divide the dough into 4-5 equal size balls. Dust it with wheat flour and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a small round
- Place around 1-1.5 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre. Bring the edges together and make a round stuffed ball
- Dust the ball and start rolling to make a normal size paratha. If required dust it again in between rolling and make sure it doesn’t break
- Meanwhile heat a tawa and place the paratha on it. When you start getting the brown spots spread some ghee or oil and fry it from both the sides until crisp and brown (as in the picture)
- Your Palak Paneer Paratha is ready. Serve hot with butter, curd or tea.